Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Interesting political compass

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Interesting political compass

    http://www.politicalcompass.org/

    Seen this today posted on a local board, kind of interesting.


    Post your results if you get a chance
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    Economic: Left/Right -2.5
    Social: Libertarian/Authoritarian +1.0

    I was closer to Pope John Paul II than anyone else they had listed.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_biggamesjames's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,410
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    They brand the extreme social conservative a "fascist" and the extreme social liberal an "anarchist." The extreme economic conservative is a communist while the opposite is a neo-liberal...interesting.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    Economic Left/Right: -6.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.82

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    Economic Left/Right: -5.25
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31

    I was close to Nelson Mandela and the Dahli Lama
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    How interesting....the Pope and I in the same category..... [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    We aren't too far apart BGJ:

    -2.63 & 1.79
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    I got about what I expected (well general area, no idea on numbers)

    Economic -4.50
    Social -0.36
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Interesting political compass

    Economic Left/Right: -1.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.62

    I'm fairly close to Ghandi...LoL

  10. #10
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Interesting political compass

    I scored very close to the pope. IMO alot of the statements/questions are very ambiguous and open ended to sort of force an answer that they want you to give. One example is the statement about race which you can't say anything except disagree with any kind of confidence. The whole thing was filled with stuff like this and any results should be looked at the same way as having no real legs to stand on.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •